1) Got the CrossFit for Hope t-shirt in the mail. The event raised $1,534,785 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. It was a fun event that also felt close to my heart. Also loved the name – “When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell.” I learned the language of Cancer 12 years ago when Mom was diagnosed with kidney and colon cancer. Horrible disease that has taken many, many loved ones from me and I know that the only reason that Mom is still here is medical improvements. Who knows, maybe some of that research was done at St. Jude for all I know. I like the t-shirt. Now to see if I can wear it without thinking about the rounds of burpees involved in the event?
2) I had grand intentions of making taco inspired chicken lettuce wraps for dinner tonight. A case of lazy swallowed that intention. They became chicken meatball lettuce wraps with guacamole and salsa with watermelon instead. Actually pretty tasty, gluten free, and prepped in all of about 5 minutes.
3) I’ve been posting some of my frequent grocery runs at Pukalani Superette, but today was the stock up at Costco run. Nobody would believe I’m single looking at that haul.
- Fage yogurt – I just love the stuff.
- Organic ground beef – I don’t normally buy it here, but I’m going to make my version of meatloaf tomorrow and its a little cheaper at Costco.
- Chicken thighs. I had planned on buying a roasted chicken but they didn’t have any and I was going to make my version of chicken “tacos” tonight – so some chicken thighs to throw into the crock pot tomorrow instead.
- Wholly Guacamole – nothing but avocado and good on above chicken “tacos”.
- Coconut Oil – big organic tub of it for under $17. I don’t need it, but bought it in case its not something they will keep in stock.
The next few items – well – remember I’m under doctor’s orders to eat more salt.
- Extra lean ham (omelets later this week)
- Chicken apple sausages
- Chicken meatballs
No veggies, but the veggies at Costco well….veggies are part of my Pukalani Superette runs.
4) Some Good Reads:
The House that Stumptuous Built
Enough With the Bullshitting
Are You Living Awesome?
Snatching: The Answer to Everything in Life
Busy Breaking the Mold
8 Lessons From the Midwest Performance Enhancement Seminar
15 Must-Read Trainers Rocking the Web
The 10 Commandments for Simple Fat Loss
Permission to Fail
Just Love the Bleep Out of It
Guidelines for Dealing With Fat Crossfitters
I am Plus Size