|Spaghetti Squash Carbonara|
It ain’t the prettiest dish in all the world, but it tastes soooo good. And if you wanted to, you can eat the entire pan of it and feel no guilt – but really this is enough for two meals if you make some sides.
This dish is kind of free flowing but tonight it is as follows:
1) Cook up four slices of thick bacon, but don’t completely cook it. Take it out of the pan and set aside. Drain the bacon grease, but don’t wipe the pan.
2) Cook a diced green pepper and half of a Maui onion (I don’t think it matters, but I like sweet onions) until soft.
3) Add chopped up mushrooms until they start to shrink.
4) Add some leftover spaghetti squash, the four slices of bacon broken apart into roughly bite size pieces, salt and pepper. Let everything get heated through.
5) Finish with two cloves of garlic through the garlic press or finely diced.
That’s it. I had planned on adding an egg, but forgot. With leftover spaghetti squash – altogether it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish.
Everything is good with bacon. This feels like decadent comfort food, but its mostly vegetables.